- HGANS website: haskapnovascotia.ca targeting consumers, food service, commercial buyers and growers.
- HGANS Facebook: Haskap Nova Scotia (public) & Haskap Growers Association of Nova Scotia (closed group for member-only communications).
- Best Management Practices on the sustainable production haskap in an economically viable manner: Haskap BMP
- Haskap Nutrient Requirements for orchards. This is a technical bulletin published by Dalhousie University: Nutrient Requirements of Haskap in Nova Scotia
- Spring & Fall Workshops (reduced fees for members).
- Haskap Orchard Tours (members only).
Why join the Haskap Growers Association of Nova Scotia?
Besides the ongoing administration of the Association, we are involved in affiliate programs and projects in development relating to:
Haskap plant research: understanding the fertility requirements of the plant, optimizing planting conditions, determining the effectiveness of irrigation during the establishment years and options for weed management.
Haskap berry bioactives research: investigating the disease fighting power of the Haskap berry, as well as research to establish an optimum manufacturing process for ultimate quality retention of bioactive compounds in juice products.
CanadaGAP®: a food safety program to help implement and maintain effective food safety procedures within fresh produce operations.
Agri-Insurance Program & Canada-Nova Scotia Wildlife Compensation Program: federal-provincial-producer cost-shared programs that stabilize a producer’s income by minimizing the financial impacts of production losses caused by natural hazards and wildlife.
Advance Payments Program: a financial loan guarantee program that gives producers easier access to credit through cash advances.
If you are interested in joining, please complete the membership form below: